A lot of people treat their email signatures like an afterthought, which makes for a missed direct marketing opportunity considering how many emails you send a day.
So, what does a great email signature look like? Here are some tips for creating signatures that are helpful and professional.
- Emphasize your name, affiliation, and secondary contact information.
- Keep colours simple and consistent.
- Use a design hierarchy.
- Include a call-to-action (and update it regularly).
- Include clickable icons linking to your social profiles.
- Make links trackable.
- Use space dividers.
- Include an international prefix in your contact number.
- Make your design mobile-friendly.
Those are some simple design principles for email signatures. As a business it is great to be able to manage your entire companies signatures from one place. This ensures consistent design as well as messaging.
Databias’ branding system offers all of this as well as an option to include banners in your signatures. Banners are trackable, can be changed at will by the marketing department as new promotions come on line and simply make an email look good.